Monday, January 17, 2005

Why can't I knit?

I've got yarn, patterns, projects I'm excited about that are already in progress and more projects I'm excited about that could go on the needles anytime I'm ready. For Christmas, the kids and I got a bunch of great DVDs, and I've been renting lots of cheap movies to watch while my husband is at work.

Open Water was intriguing and disturbing, and I had to watch it three times, then do a Google search to find the true story it was based on. Dawn of the Dead was kind of fun and I would've watched the commentary if I'd had the chance. The Village wasn't at all what I expected.

Despite all of that, I haven't knit much of anything so far this year. First it was the migraine that had me working my way through the medicine cabinet for days, trying everything I could find that was safe to take while breastfeeding. Now I've got a nasty bug that just won't let go. Today is day eight and I'm starting to feel better, but still nowhere near healthy. After keeping myself and the baby quarantined since October, this just isn't fair! At least he seems to have caught it and recovered with just a little stuffiness and one scary voiceless afternoon.

Yesterday and today should have been prime knitting days. Bill has the good car and I'm not going anywhere, even though I'd love to see if the LYS down the street has the new issue of Vogue Knitting. That can wait until tomorrow, especially since I'll be able to slip out without the kids.

I did get up early yesterday and finish about three inches of Quinn's blue fishy sweater, which is bearing less and less of a resemblance to the original pattern, and has been a lot easier than I thought it would be. Now that I've divided the front and back, it just needs four more inches of stockinette stitch, so I'm saving the rest for a karate project.

Today, I'm playing with my cardigan. I'm almost to the part where the two front halves interlock, and I'm getting more nervous with every row.

I'd like to cast on the second half of the Cathedral Window Shawl, but there's no way I'll be able to concentrate on it, so that'll have to wait until a night when everyone else is in bed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails