Thursday, February 17, 2005

Looking for Round Things to Knit

I started -- and finished -- something new! Aren't those variegated stripes pretty? And the scallopy edges?



As slow as my knitting progress has been this year, finishing anything at all would thrill me, but I really like this little washcloth and it's set me off on a search for more round things to knit. Online, I found a couple different cloths and a baby blanket...and at the library I found books on lace knitting that were full of pretty round things. So I'm not making any more progress on my WIPs than I was before the round purple washcloth came into my life, but that's not important.

What is important is that I'm feeling creative again. There was a perfect moment this afternoon, while I was knitting on Alex's poncho, Alex was winding wool from an unraveled sweater onto my niddy noddy, and Quinn was lying on my lap happily watching the yarn go by. What more could a mommy want?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oooh that round cloth is really pretty? what pattern is that? i think i will make round cloths a lot...they're so pretty and fun!

Michelle said...

I found the pattern at Mielke's Fiber Arts. It looks pretty similar to the cloth you've got pictured on your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails