Thursday, February 24, 2005

Sinuous Short Rows

Look what I made!



His head actually holds that shape, thanks to a strategically placed stitch, and those curves are permanent, thanks to the wonderfulness of short rows. In case you couldn't tell, I'm pretty proud of myself for coming up with this guy all on my own.
I did want him to have fangs, but couldn't get the i-cord skinny enough for them to look right.

I'm anxious to get my hands on Yarns to Dye For - Creating Self-Patterning Yarns for Knitting as soon as it's available. And I broke my yarn diet for this, but only because the baby's getting bigger every day and waiting a month means he'd have less time to wear it (yes, I realize that I have to knit it first) and I'm only on the yarn diet in the first place so I'll have money to buy stuff at the yarn crawl next month. I didn't buy the pattern for this, which I love just as much, and which seems like it would be the answer to all of my baby-carrying, dropped blanket difficulties.

Now I'm going to go back to playing happily with what I've got in my stash. The yarn from Knitpicks came, and I can make booties or dye sock yarn, or start Miss Dashwood, or the baby bunting.

1 comment:

Olugbemisola (Mrs.Pilkington) said...

i love the snake! you should sell your pattern (if you want to); it looks great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails