Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Baby Socks!

The new Interweave Knits has baby socks....cabled baby socks...drop all the other WIPs and cast on for these baby socks. Braided Cable and Hugs and Kisses are my favorites, followed by cable rib and the other two. These could be just the motivation I need to learn how to read cable charts. I desperately want to knit cables from charts, because that's the only way I'm going to get a Rogue or the Heirloom Aran baby sweater, but they scare me and I keep putting it off. These look like a great learning experience. Do I have yarn for these?

I'm also tempted by the sketch book cover, the little socks, the lacy kerchief scarf (think I've got yarn for that one), and the Buffalo Girl neckwarmer and wristlets. Wonder how much buffalo costs.... Yup, it's out of my price range.

At karate yesterday, I swatched for my baby soaker, cast on the right number of stitches, and managed half a row before Quinn decided he wasn't going to sit still long enough for me to knit him a soaker. So we walked down to the grocery store and got a bunch of packets of tangerine KoolAid which they had on clearance -- which is really a good thing, because I want tangerine dyed socks and haven't seen that flavor anyplace else. And I've managed another fifteen rows of Clapotis. Nothing exciting enough to take a picture of.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails