Tuesday, April 05, 2005



I did cast on something new -- Lolita Toes -- and now the suspense is killing me. Can I do this? If I can, will they fit? If they fit, will there be enough yarn?! I'm using cascade fixation I originally bought with a baby hat in mind, so I've only got one skein. Which is what the pattern calls for, so I should be okay...right? (I tried to do a google search to see if any other knitters had blogged about them, but the results were really really scary.)

My toe is...um...not quite right, because I tried to do the figure eight cast-on from memory, but if I'd hauled my butt off of the couch and logged back onto the internet to find out how to do it right, I probably never would've started the project at all. And what I've got seems to be holding together well enough.

And now I understand where to put the increases if I ever finish my toe up Magic Stripes sock and need to make a second one! That alone is such a wonderful thing that it doesn't matter if my Lolita Toes turn out to be a total disaster. Although I'd really rather have enough yarn and make cute socks that fit my feet.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails