Saturday, April 23, 2005

Not knitting is fine, as long as it's because you're doing something that's more fun than knitting, or something that'll make it possible to knit without guilt later on. I'm not sure what's filling up my time lately -- but it isn't knitting, isn't making time for knitting, and not enough of it is more fun than knitting. Since the guild meeting two weeks ago, I've only managed a few rows on my Clapotis, and a pair of socks. Which sounds more productive than it was, since I knit the socks from start to finish in about 2 1/2 days.(I also cut and pieced four quilt squares, but that doesn't even sound like much.)

I've got yarn, patterns, time.... there's no reason I shouldn't be doing something wonderful with it. So here goes:



This will hopefully grow into Branching Out.



This stuff -- Joann's Sensations Rainbow Boucle -- will be either a sweater for Heath or a poncho for Quinn now that I've talked myself out of trying to use it for the hoodie from Knit One. The yarn itself seems okay, and is incredibly cheap, but I'm not in love with the color and don't have the slightest idea how the colors are going to look once it's knitted up into something bigger than my already huge gauge swatch.


And this stuff, which I've been wanting for ages, is going to be something baby sized with lots of wonderful cables and texture that didn't show up in a photo of a photo.

I'm trying very hard not let myself get distracted by the fact that I don't seem to own the right yarn for any of the patterns calling to me from Scarf Style.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails