Friday, June 10, 2005

I am so tired! Mom and I (and Dad and the kids) went on a quilt shop hop today. I had to be at their house before 7am and didn't get back here until almost 8. It was exhausting, but definitely worth it. All but two of the eight shops were new to me and most had lots of pretty stuff to look at, but I didn't buy much.

I got some cheap but very cute novelty fabric to try making these pants for the baby. Scroll
down past the cool knitting patterns to get to them. I'm also thinking
about trying the mitered felted bag and the baby hats. Because even though
my little guy doesn't wear his hats, I like knitting them.

At the last shop, I fell in love with the shop model for this, which would make a great project bag. The store on the front is embroidered, and I'm sure I can figure out a way to put a spinning wheel in one of the empty windows and add a couple of yarn references.

I also found a card with a really intriguing picture and quote that I plan on hanging in the new sewing room. I'm not sure exactly what it means, but I like it.

I was very tempted by some fabric with Day of the Dead type skeletons on it, and a print that was like an indian map from an old children's picture book. And the Japanese magazines. But I was good. There will still be great stuff in the shops later, after we're out of this house and have it sold. That's what the Yarn Harlot said in her book and right now while I'm trying to be so good and frugal, I'm choosing to believe her.

Since I knew we were going to spend most of the day driving, I thought I'd work on the new shawl. It seemed like a good idea for about the first dozen knit stitches. Either I'm too clutzy, the Euroflax is too slippery and splitty, or Highway 26 is too bumpy. At least I know I'm not missing out on tons of potential knitting time during our long road trips.

And I'm almost afraid to admit it, but I did check for the second Mystery Stole clue before I left the house this morning. It wasn't there yet, but it is now, and I've got it printed off and ready to go.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails