Sunday, January 01, 2006

I'm still bewildered by the fact that a quick trip to the OB to make sure my latest stomach bug was nothing important turned into 22 days in the hospital. I was so positive it was nothing, and only made the drive into town because I'd be able to pick up some yarn for last minute Christmas knitting!

Once they got me weaned off of the nasty IV meds and onto stuff that left me feeling pretty much okay, there was nothing to do but watch Law & Order reruns, wait for the next meal, and knit....and knit...and knit...and call home and beg my husband to bring me more yarn because yes I had used up all four skeins of the red stuff he brought me last time....

My final total --

the Cape Cod socks
the baby bunting
the Lacy Kerchief Scarf
the Faorese Style Shawl from Cast On
Toddle
blue & brown Magic Stripes socks
Grey Gull socks
SOS! Slippers
Leaf Edge Baby Hat

Except for the Lacy Kerchief Scarf and the Cape Cod socks, which were both about half done, the rest was knit from start to finish in my hospital bed. And with 25 more days of bed rest before I can start getting back on my feet (if #4 will stay put for that long), I'm sure I'll be adding more to the list. Pictures will have to wait until I'm allowed to move around more.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails