Thursday, October 12, 2006

This scares me...

In my constant quest to figure out a yarn diet that works, I've made a difficult, awful, frightening decision. I'm not going to space out my yarn and fabric purchases based on the calendar or how much knitting I've been getting done...

I'm not going to buy any more yarn until I lose some weight.

Over the past three years, I've been off my feet way too much. First it was a broken knee, which didn't get properly diagnosed for months. Then I was pregnant and on bedrest and recovering from surgery. Twice. I wound up putting on 20some pounds. Which probably isn't bad for two pregnancies, but I'm just not snapping back.

I'm not going to buy yarn again until the scale drops below 180. That's five pounds. I can do five pounds.

And if I can do five pounds ten times, that'll add up to the fifty pounds I want to be rid of.

Yikes!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Michelle,

Good for you. I was laying in bed this morning, thinking "diet . . .ya just gotta get rid of this fat . . ." So then, I thought, "well, I can lose one pound . . . any fool can lose one pound . . ." so that is my goal. I actually have 100 pounds to lose but I need to start . . . but to go on a yarn diet . . .

wow, that is a real step that would probably drive me to lose weight!

Let me know how it goes!

Fiadhnat said...

What a great idea can I join in because I sure need to diet on both fronts! I need to lose about 45lbs - I won't say from which stash!
Fia-knit, Whoduknit.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails