Thursday, August 02, 2007

I dunno...

My Rose Garden Shawl is done.



I was happy until I got it bound off and now I just can't figure out how I feel about this thing. I should have gone with my first instinct and made it a few repeats narrower, but there is no way I'm going to rip it out and knit the same exact thing over again. I 'd like it shorter and wider, but I don't want it anywhere near that bad.

And, now that I've started working on Picovoli again, I've got the nagging temptation to use the yarn to make myself a cute little top. Which would be foolish. I've got yarn in my stash for a second (and third and fourth) top. Or I could buy some Sonata in one of the other colors I'm tempted by or some Callista...

I'm leaving the forty-some ends unwoven until I figure this out.

There is something to be said for stumbling across a project, deciding I can't live without it, ordering the yarn, and getting it knit up within a short span of time. It won't haunt me like that Victorian Lace Poncho from Elann still does.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I can't believe you got that done so quickly! I'm sorry it's not to your exact liking, but I hope it grows on you with time. I think it's lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails