Sunday, November 25, 2007

I'm all excited about the quick and easy one skein projects this weekend. 101 Designer One Skein Wonders found its way home from the library with me last week, and there are about a dozen things in there I want to make.

I cast on for the Essentials Mini-Purse, but now that the cute leafy part is done, I'm not 100% sure if I want to finish it or not. Thirty-six inches of I-cord and a lining seems like a lot of work for something I don't know if I'd ever use...
but the lining would be good practice, and Alex would probably take it of my hands, and it really is cute...

HPIM1440


Then I was playing around on Ravelry and found the Quickie Cowl. I started it last night, using some Bernat Softee Chunky. A couple of hours later, it was almost as long as the pattern called for. I spent this afternoon making it longer and now I've got a few more rows to go and a seam to sew up, then I'll run it through the wash and see if it softens up like the other projects I've made with this yarn.

If all comes out well, it may be a Christmas present for my mother. And if there seems to be enough of the pink Softee Chunky left over, I may start a second one for Alex.

HPIM1438

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails