Friday, November 16, 2007

Show and Tell Friday



Apparently, one of the perks of owning an antique store is that people show up and offer you some really neat junk they don't want anymore. And the perk of being the granddaughter of an antique store owner is that I get some of the stuff Grandma doesn't want, or the stuff she's pretty sure I'll want.

We've got an eighty-seven year old farmhouse that we're decorating, so it all works out very well.



The latest treasure is a wooden carpet sweeper. I didn't know they made them out of wood, but to be honest I never gave much thought to when they started making carpet sweepers or what they used when they did. And, to make things even cooler, she tells me it works better than the new one they have at the store.

Why she didn't keep it instead of the new one, I'm not sure, but I'm glad to have it. Especially if it will work in the sewing room, because I hate hauling the real vacuum cleaner outside and across the porch and up the stairs.

Go by Kelli's House for more Show and Tell Friday links.

6 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

It's wooden?! I would have never dreamed such a thing existed.

Susan said...

Wow! What a wonderful old wooden sweeper. I never heard of a wooden one.
Susan

nannykim said...

Wow, that is awesome--never thought about that---it must be old!

Barbara H. said...

Well, what a neat arrangement you have there with an older farmhouse and access to antiques!

I never knew carper sweepers were original made out of wood. either.

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

SweetAnnee said...

Oh how fun..I've seen a wooden one before...tis just right for your home..
deena

Kelli said...

What a fun treasure!! It must be very old!
Kelli

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails