Thursday, November 15, 2007

Yesterday, despite the fact that I was up before dawn moving chicks from the incubator into their big-chickie home on the front porch and running a bunch of errands I really didn't want to do, was a pretty terrific day.

Before picking Mom up at 11, so she could watch the babies in the lobby while I took Heath in to the eye doctor, I made it to the grocery store, the post office, the library, and bought a pair of shoes. We spent the whole day at a dead run until I got all of the kids tucked in and immediately went to bed myself where I laid awake for hours thinking about yarn and waiting for morning so I could play with some of it.

The Michaels ad in the Sunday paper promised that all of their yarn was 25-50% off. It all of my will power not to drive up to town Sunday morning, because I was so sure they'd be sold out of all of the decent stuff. They never have any decent sale yarn left when I make it up mid-week, but they were re-stocking when I got there.

Cotton Ease, which I've been lusting after since they released those new colors a while back, was 40% off. Bernat Camouflage was 30% off. I stuck to my budget, but it would've been easy to buy a whole lot more.

My box of goodies from Knitpicks, which I didn't get to open until this morning because I didn't want anyone else seeing how much yarn came into the house with me last night, came. The Campfire Shadows and the Maple Leaf Shimmer are even prettier than they are in the pictures.

And I had Lace Style reserved at the library.

So now the Campfire is screaming that it wants to be Icarus, the Deep Woods I already had in my stash wants to be Kiri, and the Maple Leaf wants to be something rectangular...that Red Heart Strata I bought a while back wants to be playground mittens and a Sideways Shortrow Watch Cap...

I love the new yarn. And the yarn I already had in my stash.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I just love the Knit Picks Shadow, I'm using Campfire for Secret of Chrysopolis and Lost Lake for Secret of the Stole. I guess I'm going to have to get some more for the 4 KALs I've signed up for that start in January. Just reading your blog of activities made me pooped. I do the same thing. I don't open my stash boxes or bags until no one is around and sometimes I hide it in the top of my closet. Yeah, I'm bad.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails