Sunday, April 05, 2009

It was such a nice morning yesterday. The kids were playing outside and Leif had discovered that there are nice bugs and baby worms under old bricks and one of the hawks was soaring high over the house and one of the geese was sitting on her eggs and I went in to make grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch, thinking I'd have a chance to work on the new quilt soon.

And the phone rang.

We're suddenly a one car family. I knew it was going to happen eventually -- our second car was twenty-two years old -- but it didn't need to happen yesterday. I'm going to try not to whine about it too much here, but I'm seriously tired of other people driving into our cars.

Today is show and tell at Mom's house. I've been looking forward to it all week and have a big plastic tote loaded with all of my new quilt tops. I'm taking the new Featherweight so I can learn how to make it do its thing. But even though I know it will be an absolute blast, I've lost a lot of my enthusiasm.

I'm not even as excited about my new project as I was before the phone rang.



Those are snails! I've wanted to do snails forever, but been intimidated by all of the triangles. They aren't that bad -- although mine are probably a bit wonky. The fabric is Irrisistible Indigo from Connecting Threads, which I'm absolutely in love with.

1 comment:

Michaela said...

I am so sorry to hear about your car. Hope, everybody are OK. I love the new pattern you are working on.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails