Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Bill found an injured hawk lying in the highway yesterday, so we made a very frantic run up to town to deliver her to the raptor rehab lady. The poor little girl had fallen out of her nest and had a head injury. (And I'm sure it didn't help when a stupid woman pulled onto the highway directly in front of us and I had to stomp on the brakes, which jostled all of us.)

I thought about taking a picture, but was so afraid that she wouldn't make it to town that I convinced myself photographing a dying bird would be just too morbid. But after handing her over and hearing that she appeared to be in good shape except for the head trauma, I'm wishing I had. She was gorgeous.

And since we were up there already, we got the van aligned and went to visit the grandparents and stopped at the library and by the time we got home again I did not feel like working on the donuts.

I'm not sure that I ever do feel like working on the donuts unless it's 3am and I'm lying awake in bed, or I'm far from the sewing machine. Last night I didn't feel like doing much of anything, so I set the kitchen timer for an hour and made myself piece wedges. I got my ten blocks done. And seven more this morning.

Twenty nine more to go. I can do this.

I ran out of the white sheet I was using for the background, so I had to cut into another one. It amazes me how fast I go through this stuff. With that last barn sale find, I've got fifty plus yards of white cotton, but I don't expect it to last long.

1 comment:

merrily row said...

for saving the poor bird, you are a kind soul, thank you

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails