Sunday, March 20, 2011

Weekly Stash Report #12

I slacked off last night and, instead of quilting the two new lap quilts, I read a book and went to bed early. Would have been earlier, but I had to wait for the boys to fall asleep so I could play tooth fairy for Quinn, who lost his first two teeth yesterday and spent the whole day showing me how he was going to sleep with his hand held out so the tooth fairy could put his money in it.

Who came up with this tooth fairy idea, anyway? And who told my kids about it? Quinn told me yesterday that the tooth fairy comes every night and checks all of your teeth... I'm pretty sure he came up with that theory on his own.

But a little more sleep deprivation was worth it to hear him screaming this morning when he found his money under his pillow.

I didn't quite meet my goal for this week, but 3 yards isn't bad. The "new" fabric is a set of two red and white checked sheets that will be so perfect for backing baby quilts I couldn't leave them behind -- and then it turned out they were half off and only cost me $2.50 for the set.

Fabric Used this Week: 3 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 31 yards
Added this Week: 7 yards
Added Year to Date: 208.5 yards
Net Used for 2011: - 177.5 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 200 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 3500 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 450 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 4600 yards
Net Used for 2011: -1100 yards


Katrina at Sunshower Quilts is giving away a baby Go! with your choice of three dies. Wouldn't that be fun to win?

I've saved up enough Amazon gift certificates for my next die purchase -- triangle in a square. Yippee!

And I think I know which die I'm saving for next. Since I got my cutter, I've been wishing there was a die that cut multiple 2 1/2" squares. Now they've got one. And one that does multiple triangles, but I can probably make do with the strip of triangles on the value die.

I know, I could cut the 2 1/2" squares by hand too, but I wind up with some very oddly shaped scraps and I could turn them into squares quicker with the die. More squares means more little quilts.

3 comments:

Cheri said...

That's some good yardage for $2.50! Way to go!

Rebecca said...

Your stash reports are inspiring! I am a new quilter and have been accumulating fabric at an alarming rate... watching your usage reports is a good example of What Could Be.

Sharon Stone said...

Those are the next two dies that I want too! I've been wanting a 2 1/2" die that cuts multiples from day one. Before it was released, I decided my next one would be the triangle in a square die.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails