Tuesday, May 03, 2011

a new toy

We went to a couple of estate sales on Saturday. And found this --


My first thought, the thought that left my mind as soon as I saw that those are actual gas burners, was that it was a toy.

Second thought was that we could remove the gas lines, clean it up, and have the perfect toy kitchen for that little girl I don't have. Or for me.



Then came the question whether it actually worked, or could be made to work, and if we could use it for camping instead of that pricey Coleman camp oven we were looking at a few months back.



I'm not sure what we'll actually do with it, but for two bucks, it had to come home. As far as I can tell, it came from a vintage Siesta travel trailer. I've found two pictures, one from 1960, and one that looks more like mine from 1957.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I hand dye wool fabric for rug hooking and we have to cook it over heat - so the first thing I thought of was for dying wool! What a great find - I'm sure you'll do something with it ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails