Monday, November 07, 2011

Rustic Pot Pie

This afternoon, I took a little break from the baby quilt binge to go to the grocery store. The kids had finished off the last of the milk and I was running out of diet Coke and I really did need to figure out dinners for the next couple of nights...

I've been spectacularly uninspired for a long time now, rotating between spaghetti and tacos and white chicken chili. And with the cold I've been fighting this week, nothing sounds yummy.

There were a couple of emails in my inbox from Pillsbury that I hadn't deleted because they had decent looking possibilities. I couldn't remember exactly what they were, but I decided that was what we were having for dinner tonight.

So I made Rustic Pot Roast Pot Pies.



I substituted beef broth for the beer and cooked up some beef stew meat to chop up and add to the filling because I wanted it to be a little more substantial. And almost everyone ate their dinner -- that's a rarity lately. We'll be having this again.

Now that our fridge and bellies are full, it's time to get back to the quilts!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails