Thursday, March 01, 2012

Big Brother

On our drive to town yesterday, my teenage daughter and I were discussing the whole idea of Big Brother and how creepy it is that George Owell's idea has become a reality. About an hour later, we heard about Target's Pregnancy Predictor.

Creepy, isn't it? I'm not sure if I believe the pregnancy predictions are as accurate as they say they are. But I've noticed that the ads that pop up when my kiddos log off of Webkinz are all for Sizzix cutters these days. They seem to know that I want one. (Probably has something to do with the fact that the ads are from Overstock.com and I've been on their site looking at the cutters -- nothing eerie about that!)

But if Big Brother is watching me so closely, why am I suddenly getting free formula samples in the mail? You'd think that they'd know that even though I've got four kids, I've never purchased baby formula. And what logic makes them think "Hey, her fourth kid is six now -- she must be ready to pop with #5"?!

I'm guessing they don't know that much about me after all.

3 comments:

Searchfamilies said...

I would start to worry if I started to get what you call formula in the mail not only are my kids grown up one of my DGC will be 18 this year lol
Hugs Janice

Lori said...

Maybe big brother knows something you don't? hehe

Missy Shay said...

My husband has noticed that after we got our smart phones, that ads would pop up from the stores we went in at the mall. I haven't noticed any ads, but I usually ignore ads too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails