Thursday, March 29, 2012

goodies!

My husband had to work all day and we'd gone out to dinner with my grandparents a couple of days earlier, so I spent my birthday at home with the kids. My plan was to play with fabric, but I don't think I ever made it to the sewing machine. And then my birthday was over and I forgot about it.

I didn't know I had presents coming...



Mom gave me a treadle drawer full of fat quarters and a bunch of patterns. Including the spiky butterflies!

A few years back, a friend and I were shop hopping and I saw a quilt with spiky appliqued butterflies. They stuck in my head and a couple of days later I called the shop where I'd seen them to see if I could order the pattern. They had no clue what I was talking about, and even after googling and asking on some of the quilting lists I play on I never did find out what the pattern was and had given up hope of finding it.

She also got me the patterns for Hocuspocusville and Calendula Patterdrip's Cottage, two patterns that I've been drooling over for ages. Now I've got to find the perfect fabric to stitch them on...anyone tried Connecting Threads' Mirage?

I didn't realize I'd get so spoiled just for getting old!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! March birthdays are the best! Mine is March 4th!

From the looks of things you have an awesome Mom who knows exactly what you'd want for your birthday! Of course, she's known you longer than anyone else so she should know! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails