Thursday, August 22, 2013

I didn't know I wanted one of these

Once upon a time, I had a really nice dry erase board. I found it in our garage, still in the original plastic packaging with an eraser and magnets and pens. It sat out there for more than a year before I decided that whatever Hubby had intended to do with it (forgotten Christmas present is my best guess) wasn't going to happen and I adopted it as my own.
 
Then the kids started to use it, which was fine. Until they managed to Fold It In Half. These are the same kids who broke that Fisher-Price corn popper push toy that would be indestructible in any other house on the planet. I haven't been able to bring myself to buy another one like the one I had...but I'm wanting a dry erase board for some of our homeschooling stuff.
 
Last week, Teenage Daughter unearthed this at the thrift store. Squee!
 
 
I go out of my way to avoid traditional classroom stuff, but I absolutely adore this. Right now, we're using it for school stuff, but the thin metal and the wooden frame are so fragile I hold my breath every time I get near it and it may go on the wall in my sewing room with some cute magnets.

This post is linked to Time Travel ThursdayTreasure Hunt ThursdayVintage Thingie Thursday, Share Your Cup, and Ivy and Elephants.

2 comments:

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I use mine to practice quilt designs like feathers. It helps to plant the design in your brain, I'm told!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Great find! I think it will really come in handy. Love the graphics! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails