Monday, December 16, 2013

Better late than never!

I've had a poor track record with Bonnie's mystery quilts. When she started Roll Roll Cotton Boll, I had a pile of fabrics in just the right colors, but I couldn't make up my mind whether I wanted to give it a try or not. As soon as I started to see finished quilts, I regretted that decision. I've still got the fabric, and the book with the pattern, and every intention of making my own someday.

I started Orca Bay right along with everyone else, and even kept up for a couple of clues. I wound up giving up, just for the moment, and using my hourglass units to make A Quilt for Mrs. Bate's Parlor.  I can always make more.

Celtic Solstice has had to wait until things settled down a bit. I know there's orange up in the sewing room, but I haven't had time to dig it out.


Even if I don't finish, I always seem to learn something new from these projects. This time, it's going to mean finally learning how to use those Tri Recs rulers I bought ages ago for a different project. 

I've made some more butterflies for the latest baby quilt -- only sixteen more to go! 


This post is linked to Bonnie's Celtic Solstice Linky Party and to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times. 

3 comments:

Tamera said...

I know what you mean about Bonnie's challenges. I have finished one of her quilts, but I vowed never again, lol.

Mary said...

You are going to learn a lot making these parts and I'm having so much fun watching all the bloggers making this one. I'm a Bonnie Fan, Love her scrappy quilts.

Kate said...

It's hard to keep up with all those little pieces. Good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails