Sunday, December 15, 2013

It's finally warmed up!

For the first day in a week, the roads near are house aren't frozen. The temperature is up to almost forty degrees and we haven't got the sink running to keep the pipes from freezing.

Isn't it ridiculous, some of the things that can make you really happy?


Back in October, Jo posted about her Olfa Splash rotary cutter. My biggest complaint about my Fiskars cutters is that I wind up stripping the screw when I replace blades. I must've gone through a dozen of those cutters in my eight years of quilting.  As soon as I read that the Splash has a sliding piece instead of a screw to battle with, I decided I wanted one. Yesterday was my first day cutting with it and I really like that I can use it easily in either hand. (I do use the Fiskars that way, but half the time I'm using it backwards.) I'm not going to try to remove the blade until I have to,  but if it works as well as they say it does, and if I can sharpen the blades with my trusty little blue sharpener gizmo, I'll be thrilled.

For now I'm happy to be cutting with a sharp blade!

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 69 3/4 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 311 1/2 yards
Net Added for 2013: 241 3/4 yards


Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 3115 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 9486 yards
Net Added for 2013: 6371 yards

I'm linking up to Patchwork Times and Finding Fifth.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I thin those spash cutters are just the cutest in those cutter. And win win everyone seems t like using them.

DeeDee said...

Thanks for the tip of the sharpening gizmo. I will be on the look out for one.

Jessica Hadden said...

Let's see a gory read and a sharp blade! You sound dangerous, Girlfriend! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails