Tuesday, December 31, 2013

out with the old and in with the new



A couple of years ago, I got inspired by one of Denise's posts and bought myself a planner. That was one of the best ideas ever.

I don't have so many commitments that I need to write down when to be where, but the planners have been great for keeping grocery lists and meal plans and pattern notes. I've got all of the doctor's offices listed in the front, so there's no more digging around for a phone book or trying to find a business card for the one that isn't listed in any of the five different yellow pages for our area.  I also keep the magic code number that starts the van's built in GPS again when it goes out for no reason.(Or when someone leaves the dome light on and the battery dies.) I think I needed those twice last year.

I'd hoped to find a different color cover for 2014, but it went from "too early to think about a new planner" to "better buy one today or you're not gonna find one" in the blink of an eye, and I was happy just to find the right style. Wonder what I could do with some Mod Podge and fabric or scrapbooking paper....

2 comments:

Denise :) said...

Yay! Look at you! I've got my planner all excited and ready for 2014. Hey ... I covered a clip board with fabric and mod podge -- no reason why you couldn't do something similar for your cover! Happy New Year, Michelle! :)

Denise said...

Happy New Year Michelle! I have a planner also- I keep track of what I am cross stitching (how many stitches each day, when I finish a project and I keep notes in the back of mine! Its fun to look back of the past year.
Happy Stitching
Denise

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails