Monday, December 30, 2013

the more I need to remember...

It's easy to forget how soothing the hum of the sewing machine and the slide of yarn across wooden needles are.  The more wound up I get, the more likely I am to forget that sometimes just sitting down with some a project for a few minutes will calm my nerves.


And I don't have to figure out exactly where I left off on my current project. I can pull some scraps and start cutting them for the next baby quilt and sew a few new bow ties. That'll work.

I'm linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times .

5 comments:

Barb Neiwert said...

So true, about the calming effect of sewing/knitting. I find it directs my mind down a certain path so I can concentrate on the activity at hand, and then all that other 'noise' of life kinda falls in place. Good stuff!

KaHolly said...

Sounds like you need to pamper yourself a little more!! A nice hot soak in a bubbly tub scented with your favorite essential oil, a few candles, a glass of wine.....sewing works, too!

Denise :) said...

There is something incredibly soothing about the hum of a sewing machine. I have a theory about sewing along and weight loss, too. ;)

Ramona said...

I've always said quilting is cheaper than therapy. AND you get beautiful results in the end. :)

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Working with the hands seems to calm my mind too... some days I really need to force myself to let other things go and just sew because I always feel magically better. Glad I'm not the only one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails