Wednesday, March 05, 2014

{Yarn Along} Pillow Stalk

Look, progress!


All three of my knitting projects have fallen into that mysterious state where you knit and knit and never have anything to show for it. It took me three days to get the last inch of ribbing done on this sock.  I got the toe of the second one done Monday night. I'm guessing the foot will go quickly, then I'll have to face the heel, which isn't going to be half as bad as I'm making it in my mind.

Ever since I read That Touch of Ink, I've been wanting to read Pillow Stalk, the first book in the Mad for Mod mystery series.

Interior decorator Madison Night has styled herself after Doris Day. When she makes an offer on an estate full of mid-century modern treasures and a killer starts targeting blond look-alikes, suffocating them with throw pillows like the ones that fill the trunk of her car, Madison finds herself tangled up in the murder investigation.  Pillow Stalk is a fun read and I enjoyed it.


It took a few chapters for me to really get into Precious Thing by Colette McBeth. It's the story of television reporter Rachel and her missing friend Clara. Throughout the book, Rachel is telling the story to Clara, trying to discover what has become of the other woman. The author gives tantalizing glimpses of the girls' childhood and I kept reading because I was hoping for explanations that never really came. But there were other, more surprising revelations.

Disclosure -- the publishers provided me with electronic review copies of the books.

For more pretty knitting projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times and Work in Progress Wednesdays at Tami's Amis.






1 comment:

The Slow Quilter said...

At least you made a sock. I would love to learn how to make them since my fried seem to make them alot.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails