Thursday, April 10, 2014

Wild With Leaves

I made this block for the Leafs Me Happy blog hop and then I didn't know what to do with it so I tucked it into a project box with some other little projects that I was in no hurry to finish. At this point, I have no clue what the original plan was, or if I even had an original plan.


I think what I did works, with lots and lots of itty bitty swirly quilting around the embroidery.  I've never quilted an embroidered piece before, but if I'm ever going to finish Hocuspocusville, I'd better start figuring out how I want to do it.


This project never made it onto my UFO list, because it was more of an orphan block. How big does a project be before you consider it a UFO? In case you missed the post earlier this week, I'm giving away a copy of A Roux of Revenge, a fun cozy mystery. Check out the guest post by Connie Archer to enter.

I'm linking this post to Finish it Up FridayCan I get a Whoop Whoop?Get Crafting FridayPinworthy Projects, Freedom FridaysInspired Friday. and Friday Favs.



5 comments:

Jessica Hadden said...

I love adding embroidery to quilts!

Alyssa said...

Very nice quilt. I love the mix of embroidery with quilting.

Terri said...

I think if it has binding and quilting, it's a quilt. If not it's an orphan block...
Love your quilt.
Hugs

InkkReviews said...

super cute . so talented ~Katie

LA Paylor said...

size doesn't matter, it's the intended product that does. If you wanted a bed quilt it is an orphan block. If it fufilled it's job for the blog hop, it's done!
LeeAnna Paylor
lapaylor.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails