Thursday, May 22, 2014

Baby Pictures!




I love old baby pictures, don't you? These two have been riding around in an envelope my purse for a few months now. I've been meaning to take them out and move them to a safer place, and telling myself that if I wasn't going to do that, maybe I didn't need them as much as I thought I did one the day I bought them.

I pulled them out this morning and now I remember why I absolutely had to have them. At the time I bought them I didn't have a plan, but one is starting to form.

I love the look on this baby's face and the not-hidden-mother.


And the way this mother seems to be trying so hard to hold the perfect expression and the baby is just perfect. It just amazes me that they pulled off this wonderful shot. 


On the back of this picture is even more fun stuff: 


INSTANTANEOUS PORTRAITS OF CHILDREN
A SUCCESSFUL SPECIALTY 

Geo. J Klein
Successor to Joshua Smith
Studio
206 North Clark St
Chicago

The negative of this photograph is preserved for future orders and can be reduced for the smallest locket or enlarged up to life size and finished in crayon or water color

Sounds kinda like all of those displays at the one hour photo counter, doesn't it? Only much more romantic and appealing.

This post is linked to Vintage Thingie Thursday, Thriftasaurus, Share Your Cup, Ivy and Elephants, We Call it Olde, Savvy Southern Style, Thrifter Maker Fixer.

6 comments:

Terri said...

I'd bet that Mom was hidden because another person would have increased the price. Mom would have been the one more capable of holding a pose for the longer time... so that can't be the reason. (Of course, like now, some Mom's don't feel worthy, or are on diets, so they don't want their picture taken.) So funny to see some of those carpeted Moms...( and kind of tragic.) Who do they think they were fooling?
Thanks for sharing the photos.
Hugs

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Great photos! Love love the text on the back of the photo!

Happy Vintage Thingie Thursday!

Unknown said...

I love the details on the back of the photo!

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful! Love the photos, and I really enjoyed seeing what's on the back. Thanks so much for sharing this at History & Home this week. Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

normaleverydaylife said...

Old photographs are so interesting! I'm always struck by how serious and mature the women look when they were actually probably quite young. The babies always look so well behaved, too! :)

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I love old photos! Some of them seem a little scary looking because they were told not to smile. These are just precious! Thanks for sharing them with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails