Saturday, May 31, 2014

Little One-Yard Wonders


I'm a big fan of the One-Skein Wonders and One-Yard Wonders series of books from Storey Publishing. The latest book, Little One-Yard Wonders: Irresistible Clothes, Toys, and Accessories You Can Make for Babies and Kids, is no exception.

The projects are varied and include some some surprisingly complex clothing. Detailed instructions for each project include cutting layouts and everything else you'll need to figure them out.

If my own boys were just a tiny bit younger, I'd be making a pair of Secret Monster Overalls. They've got a hidden tail and claws! I don't know if I'd have been motivated enough to sew my kids their own underwear, but after trying to find some without cartoon characters that my boys had never heard of, I can definitely see the appeal.

The Frannie Fox Hot & Cold Pack is beyond adorable.  I think I want one for myself.


Indoor hopscotch? I want that, too.


This collection would be a great way for an ambitious mama to tackle some new skills, like smocking and clothing construction. I'm thinking a shower gift for a crafty mama.... Or it would be a fantastic resource for someone who likes to make handmade gifts. The projects span a wide range of ages and interests. 

Disclosure -- the publisher provided me with an electronic review copy. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails