Thursday, October 09, 2014

Sparkly Beads and Safety Pins

When I was little, my great grandmother lived in a house with built in china hutch filled with knick knacks. There were things she'd collected and things she'd made herself -- a crown on a velvet cushion that had once been a detergent bottle, baskets made from sparkly beads and safety pins, swans made from beads stuck to bars of soap with long pins... I was always fascinated by it all. The little family of devils I posted about last October came from that cabinet. 


And so did this. Maybe. Grandma Walters did make it. I know that much for sure. Beyond that, it doesn't matter if it was actually ever in her hutch of not. Now it lives on my sewing room shelf.  I'd been watching estate sales and thrift shops, hoping to find one -- having the real thing made by her hands is even better! 

1 comment:

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

This is so cute Michelle! I treasure little things like this! Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails