Monday, November 10, 2014

The Garden Party is Coming Together

Can I admit something? I really have no urge to finish this project anytime soon, because I'm having way too much fun with it. When I do decide I've got enough blocks, I'll lose my excuse for embroidering all of these crazy little patterns. Or not. There are plenty of ideas on Pinterest for using odd bits of vintage embroidery. 


I've added a lot of blocks since the last time I laid them out and took a picture. At least two -- Number Seven and the Market Day bird -- were nowhere to be found when I did this layout.  The donkey turned up as soon as I had the rest of the blocks stacked up.  The bird will make an appearance. If she doesn't, I just might make another one because I love the block that much!

This post is linked to Design Wall Monday.

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

I dislike it when blocks go hiding!

Bonnie said...

How sweet those blocks are. My cousin made both of my children embroidered block quilts when they were babies. She used designs that had come from our grandmother. I've still got both and really like them. You can always do another set of blocks once you finish these! You could put some in frames too... I can see three of them with a nice mat and framed hanging in a kitchen. Or perhaps if you have a glass topped table you could put several together and leave them under the glass.... lots of ideas spring to mind. (of course, no ideas would come to me if they were mine!)

Amanda Best said...

I love your embroidered blocks. They are so sweet. I have some of those same transfer patterns. I just love all vintage style embroidery. Can't wait to see more!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails