Monday, February 09, 2015

Someone Else's Fabric Selections

I stumbled across the Boho Patchwork Vintage Star pattern on Pinterest and thought it would be a great way to use the pre-cut squares that have been sitting on the edge of my sewing machine, waiting patiently for life to settle down a bit. 


My fabric is much more patient than I am....or maybe it's not. Those squares were nowhere to be found. But while I was looking for them, I found another bag of someone's leftovers. There were some wide strips that I cut into 4" squares -- and it all went together. That's one of the benefits of working with other people's leftover bits and pieces. I rarely make coordinated quilts, unless the fabric falls into my lap.

The top came out a little over 40" square and it's pinker in real life.

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a great use of scraps and/or precuts. I like the star and may have to go pick up the pattern too. Thanks for sharing.

Joyce Carter said...

I really love the scrappy star. Thanks for sharing.

beth s said...

what a beautiful star! Love it!

Laura Chaney said...

Beautiful looking star. Will you make a scrappy border, too?

Nicky said...

Thank you ! I happen to have an unused layer cake and am trying to make lots of charity quilts - this will be a good one!

Great scrappy but quick project - which could work with charm squares too.

Thanks for joining us at #scraptastictuesday

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails