Tuesday, April 28, 2015

This is Why We Save Things

I am so glad that I don't come from a family of minimalists, people who throw away everything that doesn't have a definite immediate purpose. If we were like that, I wouldn't have had the fun of dressing Teenage Daughter up in her great-grandmother's wedding dress. 

Just look at that kick pleat!


I wish we could have taken this picture last year, or the year before, so that Grandma could have seen her, but I didn't know the dress existed until Mom pulled it out of a drawer and then happened to glance at the picture hanging on the wall. (Now that I do know it exists, I'm halfway convinced I would have worn it for my own wedding!)


We also took pictures of Alex in my mother's wedding dress. (She says it's too short for me to post pictures of, and I suppose I should be a good mom and honor her wishes, but think Daphne from Scooby Doo in that pale mint that would make a perfect dress for Queen Elsa. It is the cutest thing ever on my eighteen-year-old, even if I can't figure out how that was appropriate for a church wedding.)  And in the near future, I want to  get out my own dress and take pictures of her in that one, too.

Because who has pictures in her mother's, grandmother's and great-grandmother's wedding dresses?

This post is linked to Share Your Cup,

4 comments:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Amazing! They both look beautiful! Great idea about the pictures :)

harknessangels said...

Love the idea of the pictures! She looks beautiful!

Dar said...

What a great idea and treasure for your family. I have an old wedding dress that belonged to an aunt, but no way could I or anyone I know get into it! I have some of my mothers 1930's dresses, but I'm too big now to fit in them too. I did wear them as Halloween costumes when I was in my 20's and 30's. I'm much older than that these days. lol

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

What a treasure! And I love that you have the photo with your grandmother in it! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails