Wednesday, April 01, 2015

{Yarn Along} Lemon Drop Socks


One of the things I love about sock knitting is that you can use absolutely any color that strikes your fancy, without worrying about how it will look in your house or whether you'll look good wearing it, or if it'll match anything else you own.

These are bright, even brighter than the yarn was in the skein. The stitch pattern is Double Garter Ridge and the yarn is Sock-Ease in the Lemon Drop colorway.



I'd pre-ordered Shotgun, Wedding, Bells by Joanna Campbell Slan, but life got in the way and I didn't get a chance to read it until a week ago.

Here's the Amazon description:

In Shotgun, Wedding, Bells, a very pregnant Kiki Lowenstein and her fiancé Detective Chad Detweiler are trying to race the stork to the altar. But their vows are interrupted by a shoot-out. With the help of her nanny, Bronwyn Macavity, Kiki vows to track down the man who ruined her wedding and put her family at risk. Even a big belly bump won’t stop this intrepid amateur sleuth!

I've enjoyed all of the books in the Kiki Lowenstein series and this one is no exception.  In this one, the action starts early on and doesn't let up. (I think it's the only book in the series where Kiki hasn't found time to craft.)  I did find myself wondering if Kiki went just a little too far in this book. It'll be interesting to see what happens in Glue Baby Gone.

For more pretty knitting projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times.


 

7 comments:

El Desván de la Gata Perezosa said...

hola, me encantaría saber hacer calcetines, preciosos post, saludos desde España.

Hello, I'd love to know make socks, precious post, greetings from Spain

momto5 said...

that is what i love best about sock yarn, the colors are so amazing!

Unknown said...

I love sock knitting for the exact same reason. Can't beat having happy bright coloured feet :) Love your yellow ones

Karen @runsewfun said...

Oh your socks look so cozy! I've only ever knit one pair but I love them.

ipatchandquilt said...

Lovely and bright! Like wearing the sun!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

Amanda Jean said...

your socks look so cozy and beautiful and BRIGHT! How fun! I love the name, too!

Thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

Dar said...

Those socks rock!! Love the color too. I tried to find the pattern name you gave on Ravelry, but had no success. Can you tell me where to look for it? Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails