Saturday, August 01, 2015

Knitting Fabric Rugs


I can't say that I love the process of knitting fabric rugs, but I do love the finished result and the feel of them under my bare feet. Knitting Fabric Rugs: 28 Colorful Designs for Crafters of Every Level by Karen Tiede has me convinced that I need more little rugs for my house.

The rugs the author knits from recycled clothing are gorgeous and the book is filled with everything you'd need to know to make one -- how to source the fabric, how to cut it to a size that will get you a consistent gauge, how to calculate how much "yarn" you'll need for the rug you want to make.


The patterns are even knit in sections on size 10 straight needles and then assembled so you won't have to worry about hurting your wrists with their weight.

And did I mention that they're gorgeous? I'm absolutely swooning over these spirals...


Disclosure - The publisher provided me with an ARC.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails