Monday, November 16, 2015

Playing and Experimenting

Instead of piecing new lozenges, I'm playing around a bit with what I've already got. 


Neither of these ideas has quite the visual impact I was hoping for, but if I ever make a second or third lozenge quilt, it would be fun to make them different from the first. I love fraternal twin quilts.

And I've decided that laying blocks out on the hardwood floor is much more fun than laying them out on carpet. It's easy to slide sections over and move them around. Too bad the house only has one room with exposed wood!


It's almost tempting to pull back a corner of the sewing room carpet to see if the floor in there is the same wonderful old barn boards as the space in front of it. (But don't worry, I can think of lots of reasons not to rip up decent carpet. For the moment at least!)

1 comment:

Jo said...

You know...I really think that lozenges are just not a beautiful quilt. They are fun and show off your fabric stash at the time you made it but there is just no way to really liven them up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails