Thursday, December 10, 2015

I Knit A Shrunken Head


I love the things that short rows can do!


The facial features of this little bag are formed with short rows and a couple of strategically placed cables. I couldn't for the life of me figure out the embossed stitches that form the lips, so I improvised and placed a couple of stitches to hold them into position.  That works, although I wish I could've figured it out the way the pattern was written. I'm still debating whether to tie the lips with twine. 

Tsanta is a free pattern I found on RavelryThe yarn is Red Heart Super Saver left over from other things. 

Youngest Son has claimed the bag and is keeping cheat codes for his Nintendo games in it.  It's fun and morbid, in a whole Ripley's Believe it or Not sort of way.  I'm trying to tell myself that all of those shrunken heads we saw at Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe and Marsh's Museum last summer were probably fake anyway. And wondering if I could knit a Fiji mermaid. 





2 comments:

Empress Charlotte Handmades said...

So funny! Makes me wish I had the patience to crochet and knit :)

Anonymous said...

I too could not work out the embossed stitches so improvised then when finished i put a row of black wool across the middle of the mouth to give the 'shadow effect' then put 3 X's loosely as if stitched shut.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails