Friday, December 25, 2015

Let's Make Baby Quilts! {12/25/15}


Merry Christmas! I don't expect anyone to be linking up this morning, but I wanted to have the party here if you do have something you've finished this week and want to add it later, or if you're celebrating on a different day, or not celebrating, or whatever your plans for the holiday are. 

Ten years ago today, I was in the hospital on bed rest with my youngest. On December 9,  I'd gone in for a doctor's appointment, hoping to confirm I felt crummy because I'd picked up another bug. (That's also the one year in my adult life that I've come down with the flu and I'd already spent Thanksgiving in the hospital, hooked up to an IV that was dispending anti-nausea meds.)   It's hard to know that Christmas is going on out there and not be able to really participate.

Leif was finally born on January 17 and he got a quilt in the NICU. That, along with Quinn's NICU quilt, is part of the motivation behind this whole baby quilt project of mine. 

 Let's Make Baby Quilts Linky Party Rules: 
Link directly to your post or specific Flickr photo. Your post can be about a baby quilt that's finished, or in progress, or you can be writing about what you have planned,  as long as it's about baby quilts. You're welcome to link to baby quilt posts that aren't brand new, but please don't submit the same post or picture more than once. I'd love it if you linked back to my site, either with a text link or the Let's Make Baby Quilts! button.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What Christmas memories those are! Not traditional, but probably some very special moments in that time anyway, and a happy ending. I love that you use that experience as inspiration for this project. You can expect to see me linking at least once a month, and I'm trying to spread the word to my friends, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails