Saturday, January 23, 2016

Cherries


Aren't red cherries one of the most perfect subjects for embroidery and quilt blocks? They're pretty and cheerful...and quick to stitch. This transfer was from my stash of old ones, so old that the ink didn't do anything but leave a faint red shadow on my square of muslin, just enough that I had to toss it out and trace the image by hand.

I fussed for a while about what color to make the border. I thought of doing it in pale green, or yellow, then pulled out this light gray. I think it gives it the look of an old doily, just perfect for this quilt.

11 comments:

Laura said...

Your cherries look great! Very cute!

St. Anne's Sewdality said...

a sweet block. Those cherries look good enough to eat.

Ivani said...

it is a pretty pattern and very well stitched. Love it.
Have fun during this Slow Sunday Stitching.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Lovely block. It looks very vintage

CathieJ said...

What a pretty block. I always like cherries.

Quilter Kathy said...

A lovely stitchery block :)

The Cozy Quilter said...

Cute little block!

Karen said...

The cherry theme makes a perfect vintage look.

Lin said...

Very pretty cherries - yes, they are cheerful. xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love cherry fabrics and embroidery and anything else. How pretty yours is, looks just like it was done on a piece of lace.

SuperMomNoCape said...

Another great block for your vintage embroidered quilt! The light grey was the perfect choice to stitch the border with. It frames the cherries beautifully.

Thanks so much for linking up to this week's Stitchery Link Party. Aloha hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails