Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Sixty-Some More Rows...


I should have been able to finish these socks yesterday or maybe the day before, but my head been throbbing for the past few days and I've only been able to manage a few rows at a time. The slots for round three are filling up fast and if my blood thinners (which keep me from taking the ibuprofen that I'm pretty sure would make me function again) keep me from moving on to round three, I'm going to be one ticked off knitter.

Halfway through the second foot, it's starting to look like I might make it.



It was the cover copy that made me pick up The Visitor by Amanda Stevens.  Here it is, from Amazon:

My name is Amelia Gray. I'm the Graveyard Queen.

Restoring lost and abandoned cemeteries is my profession, but I'm starting to believe that my true calling is deciphering the riddles of the dead. Legend has it that Kroll Cemetery is a puzzle no one has ever been able to solve. For over half a century, the answer has remained hidden within the strange headstone inscriptions and intricate engravings. Because uncovering the mystery of that tiny, remote graveyard may come at a terrible price.

Years after their mass death, Ezra Kroll's disciples lie unquiet, their tormented souls trapped within the walls of Kroll Cemetery, waiting to be released by someone strong and clever enough to solve the puzzle. For whatever reason, I'm being summoned to that graveyard by both the living and the dead. Every lead I follow, every clue I unravel brings me closer to an unlikely killer and to a destiny that will threaten my sanity and a future with my love, John Devlin.

I didn't realize at first that this is the fourth book in a series. Although I was obviously missing out on a lot of backstory, the book stood well on its own. The creepy atmosphere pulled me right in.

Disclosure - The publisher provided me with a review copy. 

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Oh wow, that looks like a really good book. I added it to my to read list! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails