Sunday, September 04, 2016

Is it over?

This summer was a blur of fun travels. First it was, by way of Yellowstone National Park, to Colorado to stay at the hotel that inspired The Shining. Then came the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show, followed by a week at the coast that included a visit to a not-haunted lighthouse.  Last week, we were at the time share in Sedona...and on the way home we detoured through Moab and back to Colorado to ride the train. Oh, and a night in Las Vegas on the way to Sedona in the first place.


As if that wasn't enough time on the road, I spent a lot of hours driving between quilt shops and picking up patterns as part of the Row by Row experience. On this trip I managed one shop in Reno and one in Cottonwood, Arizona. There were some others we passed, but either the timing wasn't right or I wasn't thrilled about the block, or I was really tired.

The row I really wanted to make sure to get was from the Durango Quilt Company. It's got the train on it! But we pulled into town just after they'd closed for the night and the train ride the next day returned to town just after they'd closed for the night.  And then it was Sunday.

I'd planned a drive up into Washington State to get more rows, but my partner in crime is sick and it's a holiday weekend. So I think I'll leave my total at 33 shops. That's more than enough patterns for a quilt -- although I spent a lot of drive time thinking about the possibilities and I think it's going to be two. One with the really intricate blocks and another with the simpler ones.

I hate to see summer end, but I'm looking forward to Super Sock Scarefest over on Ravelry and Bag It, hosted by Elm Street Quilts.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 6 1/2 yards
Fabric added this week:  0 yards
Fabric added year  to date: 18 1/4 yards (+2 sheets)
Net added for 2016: 12 3/4 yards

Yarn used this Week: 400  yards
Yarn used year to Date: 5250 yards
Yarn added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 7366 yards
Net added for 2016: 2116 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

maggie fellow said...

What a travel summer - great. It looks like you knit as you travel

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails