Tuesday, October 11, 2016

{Thrift Shop Temptations} Now I Want a Toy Iron

The sun is shining and I needed stuff to make dinner and wasn't in too much of a rush to finally stop at the thrift shop I've been driving past for months. Here in our small town it looks like the line between "thrift store" and "antique mall" and "video rental store that also sells random crap"
is very blurred. 

There was some pretty eye  candy to be found in the antique mall and now I've got a sudden urge to buy myself a toy iron. It might have been this toy iron, except for that chipped horse head. 


I remember having a toy iron and ironing board when I was little, and I remember Grandpa clipping off the electrical prongs. Which makes me both wonder if it was at one point a functional iron and wish that we'd hung onto it. The ironing board was around forever and might possibly be in my attic, but the iron is long gone.


This antique quilt was in absolutely awful condition, but that pink sashing and border pulled me across the room to take a look at it. I didn't want to unfold it to get a look a the whole thing, not when I was in no way interested in becoming its next owner, but I had to get a picture of that wide scalloped border.

Some  days, you just need some pretty vintage eye candy to make the world seem happier.

1 comment:

colleen said...

Yipee we need our happy.
I had the H surgery due similar to your problems I think huge amounts of pain, long and heavy. I pretty much grounded my self as I could not be away from home during that time. I did not know about the procedure you had. I did have a tumor the size of a grapefruit and I asked for the H as it was the only thing I knew would end the mess and pain. It was a difficult recovery for me and In hindsight if I had known of your procedure I might have asked about it. 20 plus years later I am so glad that I took action to end those problems the recovery and medications took awhile and I should have mentioned my problems years and years earlier it was something I kept private and no medical person really went into detail about what was normal or not or what to could be done.
You have helped other woman by telling a bit about your private issues and I want to thank you for being so brave to put it out there

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails