Wednesday, October 26, 2016

{Yarn Along} Pocketbooks and Pistols


It took me two months to knit the first sock. There was a completed pair in the middle with a bit of lace work, but that's still way too much time to spend on one sock. I'm on day five of the second sock and two of those days I only managed a couple of rows. But I'm getting there. Maybe I'll even have these done in time to cast on with the yarn I'd intended to knit with in October!



I think I've finally figured out what I like so much about the Haley Randolph mystery series by Dorothy Howell. They're like guilty-pleasure reality television. It doesn't matter that Haley is kind of shallow or that she doesn't have a particularly strong work ethic -- she's fun to read about. She's also grown a lot as the series progressed and has always cared about her friends and family.  (And she's a refreshing change from so many other cozy heroines who are perfect and know it.) In the latest book, Pocketbooks and Pistols, Haley is working two jobs. Being an event planner suits her well, and her part time job at the unbearably Holt's Department Store gets her a fabulous discount at a high end chain where she can buy the clothes and designer bags she lives for. In fact, this time it looks like she'll be able to just walk in and buy a Mystique, this season's hottest new accessory. But then she finds a body by the Holt's dumpster and she finds herself involved in a murder investigation. Because if Holt's closes, she loses her employee discount and the bag of her dreams.  And Haley isn't going to let that happen.

Disclosure -- I was provided with an advance review copy by the publishers. All opinions are my own. This post is linked to Patchwork Times, Yarn Along 

2 comments:

Summer said...

The socks are looking so nice ♥

Dar said...

Those are some nice looking socks. Are they for you? I've run into a problem with my short socks and am waiting for help to get back from vacation. (My friend that knows more than me)>lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails