Saturday, November 19, 2016

{Stash Report} Bulky Orange Yarn

I'm posting my stash report a day early because tomorrow I've got a guest post scheduled.

Paton's Classic Bulky Wool from The Dollar Tree

My first thought when I saw this yarn at the Dollar Tree last week (after I stopped wondering why it was there in the first place and how there was any of it left) was that I needed it to make cabled pumpkins for next Halloween.  Then I took a closer look at the label and realized that it was 100% wool and how much of it there was. Now I don't know exactly what I'm going to do with it.

What do you do when you're confronted with a great deal on pretty yarn that isn't something you'd usually use? Sock yarn, lace weight, worsted....those I use all the time and can guess at amounts for. But bulky? I knew that there were projects in my Ravelry queue that called for it, but I had no idea what the yardage would be and my phone is way too slow to do that kind of research on. So I made a wild guess. It was a bit high, but too much yarn is better than not enough. Whatever I don't need for the shawl, I'll use to make pumpkins.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 7 1/4 yards
Fabric added this week:  0 yards
Fabric added year  to date: 30 1/4 yards (+4 sheets)
Net added for 2016: 23 yards

Yarn used this Week:  0  yards
Yarn used year to Date: 6750 yards
Yarn added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 9518 yards
Net added for 2016: 2768 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Wow, what a steal for wool yarn! I love the color. Looking forward to see what you do with it.

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Have you ever tried Rug Punch? It is super easy and quick. Looks very much like rug hooking. I love it and it is much quicker than hooking. You'd be able to punch a whole field of pumpkins with all that orange yarn! Try overdoing with walnut stain or coolade to see what you get for different colors. Pretty fun! PS, if you need info on rug punching I offer all the goods when vending. Feel free to contact me with questions and supplies.

Sue B. said...

Wool Dryer balls are fun and easy to make and save money on fabric softener and length of time to dry clothes. Check it out youtube.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails