Sunday, January 22, 2017

Weekly Stash Report -- Still Sewing


Every single day since my last post, I've done some sewing! Or at least some cutting and pressing.

Some days all I can carve out time for is cutting strips that I'd already cut for my project into half square triangles or rectangles, or pressing and trimming half square triangle units and flying geese. It feels like I'm cheating, but those are tasks that have to be done eventually and they're going to take just as much time no matter when I do them. Thirty minutes is thirty minutes, right?

I just need to make sure that I'm doing enough of the hard work (pulling out fabric and pressing and cutting it) to keep me supplied with stuff to do on the days I don't have the time to make a mess.

While I'm digging through the stash, I'm looking for the fabric to make this adorable little quilt:


I'm totally in love with that radio and telephone and tape dispenser!

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 1/4 yard
Fabric used year to date: 1/2 yard
Fabric added this week:  0 yards
Fabric added year  to date: 0
Net used for 2017: 1/2 yard

Yarn used this Week:  400  yards
Yarn used year to Date: 700 yards
Yarn added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net used for 2017: 700 yards

2 comments:

Donna said...

I think it counts. It all has to be done. Some days all I get to do is lay out the pieces for three or four blocks, but the next time I'm ready to sew I can jump right in. A step forward is a step forward, no matter how small.

Kate said...

Cutting is my least favorite thing to do, so if you are getting it done, then it's all good even if that's all you get done. Congrats on a successful stash busting week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails