Thursday, March 02, 2017

Invitation to the Dance

Invitation to the Dance Socks
 Pattern: Invitation to the Dance   Yarn: Knitpicks Stroll (Dogwood Heather and Ash)

Sock Madness 11 has started! I was hoping to get the warm up pair finished before the first round's pattern became available. Then I got sick and decided that it wasn't worth making myself crazy over since this pair is optional, then I started feeling better...and I got them done by the skin of my teeth.

Knitpicks Stroll -- Ash, Dogwood Heather

My favorite thing about Sock Madness is that it makes me push myself. In order for the pair to qualify, it has to be knit exactly as the pattern is written. Which means I not only tackled the colorwork, I also  kitchnered my toes and did an eye of partridge heel. AND got them done in time.

As soon as this is posted, I'm casting on for the Round One socks, Twisted Madness. Ever since I downloaded the pattern this morning, I've been shifting between "That looks do-able" and "I don't know how to do that..."

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Those socks are SO pretty. For some reason they make me think of Sock Hops (showing my age).

Jenny said...

Ooohh I do love your socks, each and every pair you have showed over time!!!

Dar said...

Those are very pretty socks. I don't think I'm ready for colorwork, but I have done the eye of the partridge heel (which I love to do)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails