Sunday, April 30, 2017

My DIY Sock Sampler for Summer


Three months have passed and it's time to put together another yarn sampler. I've been planning yarn choices for a while, so I started with the skeins I'd already decided on and filled in with some that would add variety to the mix. I don't know why I feel the urge to match my yarn choices to the weather and time of year, but I've been doing that more and more lately. To the point where I'll pull a yarn from my stash and decide to save it until June or July.  Or October. That's silly, right?

This time, I had a hard time narrowing down my yarn choices to seven pairs. And then I forgot the one I'd planned on casting on next so I made it eight. They fit in the case, so it'll work.



Sock Sampler number two was slightly less successful than the first one, depending on how I interpret "successful."  I finished three pairs instead of four...but I also made three pairs of socks from yarn that wasn't in the box, but had been in my stash for a while. 

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 0 yards 
Fabric used year to date: 2 yards 
Fabric added this week:  0 yards 
Fabric added year  to date: 5 yards
Net added for 2017: 3 yards 

Yarn used this Week:  300  yards
Yarn used year to Date: 3550 yards
Yarn added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 9350 yards
Net added for 2017: 5800 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times

2 comments:

Dar said...

I love seeing your suitcase full of skeins. I recognize that little blue case because I worked for the company that used them for their dealers. I have one also, even though I worked in their offices as a keypunch operator and office assistant. I think however you feel good about using your yarn is what you should do. I have no rhyme or reason most of the time, just want to use up what I have and vary the colors so I'm not knitting the same color behind each other.

Suze said...

Do I need to send you a larger case for picking fabric from your case. If size is the only requirement, then I'm sure we can find a larger case for you. LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails