Sunday, November 12, 2017

The Michaels Ad Said That All Yarn Was on Sale...

And for once they weren't lying. Usually all of the yarn is on sale as promised, but the discount on the stuff I want to knit with isn't nearly exciting enough. This time, the sale was as good as the ad made it sound... and when I couldn't get the extra 20% off coupon to load on my phone the cashier gave me one for 25%. 


I know I said I was sick of knitting socks, but just look at the pretty Paton Kroy. I'll keep a pair on the needles to work on when I need my attention free for other things and those pink skeins in the back are calling to me already.

After resisting for a long long time, I finally succumbed to the lure of those pretty Caron Cakes. I tried to pick color combinations that I thought I'd enjoy in a finished project, instead of what looked good in the skein. With the weather getting colder and colder, my plan is to make some cowls or something. (That's the same thing I've got planned for the Woolike, which I'd never heard of. At a dollar sixty-something for  678 yards, it looked like a fun risk to take.)

Have the holiday sales sucked you in yet?

2 comments:

mckie2 said...

Yes, they have! I was at JoAnns Friday. Realized when I got out of the car that I'd forgotten my coupons. But that didn't stop me from going in and buying a boat load of yarn. Enough for a couple of afghans. I mentioned to my cashier that I'd forgotten my 20% off birthday coupon that JoAnns sent me, but she didn't take pity on me. She just said well it looks like you'll just have to come back. Ha - probably won't happen. I'm hoping I've bought enough for this season.

Dar said...

WOW! What a fantastic find. Good thing I didn't know about it because I would have not been able to resist. Can't wait to see what you make with some of those. Love the pink/purple yarn for sure!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails