Saturday, November 11, 2017

{Thrift ShopTempations} The Quest for the Perfect Trunk Continues



I've already got a couple of big old trunks and both are pieces with great family history. But I've got kids who want their own and they can't have mine.  A couple of years back our daughter found one for five bucks at an estate sale and persuaded her father to both pay for it and haul it back two blocks to the van.  It  went with her when she moved out and now our oldest son is looking for one of his own. Everything we've seen so far is way out of his price range. 

Look at this beauty... 


There's a second removable drawer under that one and they're in pretty good shape even if they do smell like an old musty trunk. The funny part is that we've been walking past that same trunk for weeks, scowling at the two hundred dollar price tag. Seeing it open, it makes a little more sense.

Someone who collects old packaging might like this magnetic strip...


It claims to be the "Silent Helper"  that you can use to dry your stockings and hold cigarettes to the dash of your car. I'll take their word for that. 


For one brief, hopeful moment I  thought this was needlepoint. It's printed on canvas, which gives it a neat texture.


I left the store empty-handed this time, but had a lot of fun looking.

5 comments:

Evelyn Lo Foreman said...

I LOVE treasure hunting! That's what I think of when I see your trunk - it's beautiful. Sounds like a wonderful way to bond with our baby <3

Nakia said...

That trunk is such an awesome find!!!! My husband is usually the one in our home that finds all the good stuff.

Unknown said...

I love searching thrift shops for treasures. Sometimes you score, other times, not so much. But that’s what makes it so fun.

Unknown said...

Aw i love this post. I LOVE thrift store shopping and trunks are so much fun!

Mama Writes Reviews said...

I LOVE THIS!!!! A think there's something so sweet about a trunk.

-Mama from Mama Writes Reviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails