Thursday, January 11, 2018

Quilted, and Bound, and Ready to Hand Over


In March of last year, a gal from the quilting group handed me a stack of 4" squares that someone had cut and asked if I wanted to try to do something with them. Her suggestion was that I sew them all together the way they were.

Anyone who's ever read my blog knows that isn't how I do things. I cut the 4" squares down to 2" squares....then assembled them into 3 1/2" four-patch blocks, then put those together into 12" blocks and added some sashing...

Then it sat because I didn't have a way to quilt it at the house and didn't want to turn it in to have someone else quilt it and I couldn't work up the motivation to stitch in the ditch.

It feels good to finally have this done. Next, I'm going to tackle those pink churn dash blocks.

8 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

This is a very pretty and simple little quilt, I love it!

=0)jessica said...

I love it too! Very bright and simple, I like the bright blue sashing, many folks would have used white which is nice too but I love color!

Anonymous said...

It looks great! Congratulations on the finish.

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Yay for the finish - I can imagine it's very fun to sit with it in your lap to see what you can spot!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nothing like a good Postage Stamp quilt. Nice work!!

Rebecca Grace said...

Beautiful postage stamp quilt! Congrats on a great finish!

beth s said...

What a beautiful scrappy quilt! Love it.

Nann said...

4" squares would've been too big for me, too. Your solution is super. The blue sashing sets the colorful blocks off very nicely. Congratulations on a finish!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails